Hatch Stamping Company is looking for a skilled problem solver to fill the position of Production Planner. The Production Planner/Scheduler is responsible for developing optimum production schedules by factoring a variety of known variables including machine utilization, manning levels, raw material and work in process inventories, customer demand and outside processing considerations. The Production Planner/Scheduler works with all levels of company personnel to ensure timely scheduling of the production floor.
Responsibilities (This section is not inclusive. Other duties may be assigned as necessary).
- Create and publish daily machine operations schedules and update daily to reflect mandatory changes.
- Verify inventory accuracy and take appropriate steps to correct errors and implement corrective action to prevent further occurrence.
- Monitor a 10-week requirement forecast for all customers.
- Monitor machine utilization and shift performance for machine operations.
- Follow up on product launch requirements and establish necessary parameters for scheduling purposes.
- Input and disposition hold tags daily monitoring salvageable parts against production schedule requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some college desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior work experience in scheduling of press operations is required.
- Knowledge of personal computers, electronic spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Ability to work on a variety of assignments under pressure situations, while attending to necessary detail.
Some of our Outstanding Benefits
Hatch Stamping offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. The benefits package includes: Medical / dental / vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401(K), life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, employee assistance program.
Hatch Stamping Company is a world leader in highly engineered metal stampings and assemblies. We manufacture parts for the automotive industry exclusively and are an innovative, data-driven organization.
We believe in the importance of people in everything we do. Hatch Stamping Company’s fundamental guiding principle is to respect and protect the rights of all the individuals with whom we interact – especially our employees who are the lifeblood of everything we do.
Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time