Hatch Stamping Company is looking for a Robotic Technician to build and improve assembly equipment which produces quality products safely in our Portland facility. The Robotic Technician needs to be energetic, motivated, and a recent graduate, or, soon to be graduate in Robotic Engineering.
Essential Job Functions:
- Insure all safety, failsafe, and ergonomic features are functional.
- Mechanical/electrical set up and adjustments of equipment prior to production.
- Must be able to read mechanical blueprints
- CAD experience a plus.
- Must be proficient in operation of standard shop tools (i.e. saws, drill presses, MIG welding).
- Perform machine repair including Mechanical/electrical trouble shooting on assembly equipment: robots, grommet insertion, resistance welding, orbital peening, and mig welding.
- Ability to fabricate stands and weldments.
- Move, install, and change equipment as instructed by engineering.
- Update and keep accurate records of machine programs, maintenance records, safety, and machine performance.
- Familiarity with pneumatic appliances
- Basic electrical skills, plumbing and wiring fixtures (sensor banks, valve bodies, cylinders)
- Continuously improve equipment to make it as safe and efficient as possible.
- Prior PLC experience a plus.
- Must be able to mechanically assemble all components of a machine (gear heads, robot bases)
- Support production as needed.
- Must portray good Safety, Housekeeping and Attendance habits, and be able to perform in a team oriented environment.
- Mill and Lathe operation experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus formal PLC and Robotic Training
- Skilled with both hand and power tools
- Must possess demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Computer operating and programming skills
- Previous manufacturing and machine building experience
Some of our Outstanding Benefits
Hatch Stamping offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. The benefits package includes: Medical / dental / vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401(K), life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, employee assistance program.
Hatch Stamping Company is a world leader in highly engineered metal stampings and assemblies. We manufacture parts for the automotive industry exclusively and are an innovative, data-driven organization.
We believe in the importance of people in everything we do. Hatch Stamping Company’s fundamental guiding principle is to respect and protect the rights of all the individuals with whom we interact – especially our employees who are the lifeblood of everything we do.
Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time