Hatch Stamping Company is looking for a highly driven individual to fill the position of Quality Engineer. The Quality Engineer is responsible for managing and developing new product launch activities, supporting production by creating or improving quality systems, and reporting progress to customers.
Responsibilities (This section is not inclusive. Other duties may be assigned as necessary).
- Key front-line interface for all quality, reliability and manufacturing customer questions.
- Drive continuous improvement principles.
- Apply statistical process control methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process.
- Initiate and organize containment at customers’ facilities.
- Lead and assist with hold area disposition of materials.
- Apply root cause analysis and implements corrective actions.
- Track customer-specific corrective/preventative actions ensuring that all customer expectations are met.
- Create methods for reducing scrap and internal and external PPM
- Develop and implement OEE improvement activities.
Qualifications and Skills
- 4 year related degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience as an automotive quality engineer
- Strong knowledge of engineering core tools and manufacturing processes including APQP, PFMEA, FMEA, six sigma & manufacturing specifications
- Strong process knowledge of engineering changes
- Must be able to apply root cause problem solving techniques
- Continuous Improvement Team involvement
- Must understand the art of handling customer inquiries, concerns and complaints in a professional and tactful manner
- Be willing to travel, as required by customers and suppliers
- Prior Automotive Tier I/II experience is considered an asset
- Expertise in the manufacture of metal stampings and welding considered a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Some of our Outstanding Benefits
Hatch Stamping offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. The benefits package includes: Medical / dental / vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401(K), life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, employee assistance program.
Hatch Stamping Company is a world leader in highly engineered metal stampings and assemblies. We manufacture parts for the automotive industry exclusively and are an innovative, data-driven organization.
We believe in the importance of people in everything we do. Hatch Stamping Company’s fundamental guiding principle is to respect and protect the rights of all the individuals with whom we interact – especially our employees who are the lifeblood of everything we do.
Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time